We are starting a new feature here at Uristocrat called The Power rankings. Its like your favorite sports league power rankings where each team is ranked according to their strengths. Here at Uristocrat, we take it a step further. We rank what we think was most interesting and influential in a given week. Without further adieu, here are this weeks rankings.
1. Chris Henry – Say what you want about how he died, but it’s still a tragedy for a troubled 26-year-old to lose his life just as he was getting it back on track. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Henry family, and the Cincinnati Bengals.
2. The Nike Pupppets – Nike’s best pitchmen since Lil’ Penny are back. LeBron, Kobe and Lil Dez (and Lupe Fiasco as Blitzen, KRS-One as Santa, and other characters) are back just in time for the holiday’s to pimp LeBron’s newest shoe. Let’s hope they stick around through the Finals.
3. Boo Loving – Despite the fact that much of the east was pummeled with dozens of inches of snow, some of you might have been hesitant to snuggle up with someone. Never fear, Ron Browz has lifted the $20 cuffing fee through the rest of the winter (except for those random 60 degree weekends). Cuff away my friends.
4. The Space Jams – The sneakers that many of us have been waiting for all year are only a few days away from dropping. I don’t know about you, but I’m willing to commit a misdemeanor to get my hands on these (just kidding, please wait in line for these in a civil fashion but be willing to miss work/steal money from your mother’s purse/put your girlfriend’s presents on layway to get your hands on these).
5. LL Bean Boots – They’re warm, stylish and will save you from busting your ass on some ice this winter. They should be a staple in every man’s winter wardrobe.
6. Vince Young – Speaking of the NFL, have you seen what Vince is doing. He’s 7-1 as a starter this season, lifting the once 0-6 Titans into the thick of the playoff race. He’s gone from a Top 10 bust to a Top 10 QB.
7. Colts and Saints – The Colts did their thing again Thursday night and are only 2 wins away from the third perfect regular season in NFL history. In another primetime game on the NFL Network, the Cowboys December collapse continued upset New Orleans and ended their run at perfection. With everything wrapped up, we’ll see how much Peyton Manning plays down the stretch.
8. Amazon.com – Accidentally shipped 500 copies of Lil Wayne’s alternative album “Rebirth,” which has led to the entire album being leaked months in advance. Weezey fan’s 1 – Weezey/Amazon.com 0.
9. Carmelo Anthony – On the low, he’s putting up monster numbers: 30.5 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 3.2 apg on 48% fg shooting and 87% from the line. He’s worked his way back into the LeBron-Wade-Kobe discussion around who’s the best player in the league.
10. The Most Interesting Man in the World – I just wanted to shoutout my favorite pitchman of the year. Let’s hope we see more of him in 2010.