1. Haiti – The devastation in Haiti is obviously the top story this week. For the past few days we’ve all seen the horrific footage coming out of this shell shocked, impoverished nation. It has been encouraging to see the amount of support that has been pouring out so far. If you are able to assist, please do so as literally hundreds of thousands of lives depend on our support.
2. Pants on the Ground – The second biggest story this week has to go to my man ‘General’ Larry Platt. The General’s “Pants on the Ground” has become an Internet sensation with several remixes hitting the Web within hours. It turns out Platt isn’t just some random senile man; he’s actually a legendary Civil Rights activist in Atlanta and was even honored by the city with his own day. Now (perhaps unfortunately) he’ll always be known as the “Pants on the Ground” guy. Fortunately for us at Uristocrat, we’ve pulled up our pants a long time ago.
3. The J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets! – So the Colts, Vikings and Saints advanced in the playoffs, blah blah blah. The biggest story coming out of the playoffs are the Jets. The Colts and Bengals could’ve put this team out of their misery in Week 16 and 17. Instead, both teams rolled over and let the Jets in. Now the Jets seem poised to knock the Colts off and advance to the Super Bowl. Riding the backs of Mark Sanchez and Thomas Jones Darrelle Revis and Shonn Greene, there’s not a team left that wants to see these guys.
4. AnmlHse – AnmlHse celebrated their 2nd anniversary with one of the biggest parties Philly has ever seen. It featured the likes of Asaad, Shinobi Ninja, Ninjasonik, Wordspit, The Paxtons, Lyriciss, 215Mag, Uristocrat, Babylon Cartel, Orange Line Philly, Golden Boyz, DJ Phsh as well as countless AnmlHse fans.
5. how much does viagra cost at walmart – This time last week, Marv wasn’t on anybody’s radar. Not the NFL’s, not the Philadelphia Police Department, nobody. After GQ blew up his spot, everybody from ESPN to the FBI wants a part of him. In relation to this situation, Hov said it best “It was all good just a week ago.”
6. http://uristocrat.com/price-of-cialis-at-cvs-discount/ – He plays in Oklahoma City, so nobody really cares, but Kevin Durant is on an epic tear right now. Barely 21, dude has a legit chance to take home the scoring title this year. Averaging 29 points and 7 boards a game, this rising star has his Thunder making a run to the playoffs. It sucks that he plays in Oklahoma, because they never come on TV, but when they do make the docket its must-see TV.
7. Lane Kiffin/USC – Last week we were talking about http://uristocrat.com/2009/10/rh-tv-who-is-mayer-hawthorne-video/ ducking charges and being a scumbag. Enter Lane Kiffin. Nowhere near 40, this is already dude’s third head coaching gig. After only one year at Tennessee (where he did more with his mouth than on the field), he bolts for USC. On one hand, it’s hard to knock him for leaving Knoxville for his dream job in LA. On the other hand, you have to feel for the kids at Tennessee because of the Duck Tales he told. Between all the minor recruiting violations he racked up at UT and his lack of on the field results, this might come back to haunt USC.
8. Mark McGwire – McGwire finally came clean about his steroid use, about five years too late, if not more. Here’ s a guy who ducked the heat on Congress and basically went into hiding after retiring right around the time the rage against roids in baseball was heating up. Now, with his Hall of Fame candidacy struggling, he wants to come back into the spotlight and endear himself to the fans and media. What a stand up guy.
9. Cam’Ron – Not much to say about him, but check out that “Boss of All Bosses” mixtape. After a few duds it sounds like the Diplomatic Immunity era Cam is back.
10. Cheerleader Tryouts – We joined 215mag in judging the Cheerleaders Varsity tryouts and I just have to say wow. Shout out to “EV” for winning but I’m still trying to figure how “Isis” didn’t place or show.
Check out Past Power Rankings