1. 2010 – I love the start of a new year. Anything is Possible! (© Kevin Garnett) If your 2009 was awesome, keep it going. Your 2009 sucked? Forget about it. Here at Uristocrat, we’re excited about 2010 and will have one of the greatest years of all-time. We hope you do the same.
2. Agent Zero – What a bizarre locker room the Wizards have. I’m not sure what type of practice they’re doing, but having a gun seems to be a requirement for attendance. Personally, I think they should run with this, change their name back to the Bullets and come out to “Always Strapped” before every game. Instead, I think Gil and Crittenton are facing very lengthy suspensions.
3. The NFL Playoffs – I wish they would bring back the Don Cheadle commercials. Other than that, I’m looking forward to this year’s playoffs. All twelve teams seem to have at least a decent shot at the Super Bowl, although San Diego seems to be the strongest team headed into January. Of course, we’re really looking forward to the Eagles/Cowboys game here at Uristocrat, as the winner of this game has a really good chance at a deep playoff run.
4. Jim Caldwell – Watching Wes Welker crumble to the earth on Sunday, I could see why Jim wanted to keep a lot of his stars out of harm’s way. While I still wish they would’ve tried for perfection, I’m sure Jim is happy to go into the playoffs with a healthy Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark and Bob Sanders.
5. Work and Class – It’s the first Monday of the year, which means back to work and class for many of us. Productivity will vary, but for most of us showing up is the hardest part. Drink lots of cups of coffee and visit Uristocrat.com during the day to help pass the time. Feel free to tweet us at twitter.com/uristocrat and tell us about your crappy first day of the year.
6. Tim Tebow – He didn’t answer all of his critics and never will, but he did close out his decorated career with a bang. 31-35, 482 yards, 3TDs with another 51 yards and a TD on the ground as well. That’s 533 yards of total offense for the man that should go down as one of the best, if not the best, college football player of all time.
7. Livers – Is there a way to get on the donor list now? Starting on the 30th or sooner, many of us were on quests to do as much damage to our livers as possible. With the New Year falling on a Friday, there seemed to be more days than usual to pop it off. Shoutout to everyone that did, and I have to get a shoutout to everyone who were smart about it (unlike me) and didn’t kill themselves every night.
9. The Gym + Whole Foods – This duo figures to play a prominent role in a lot of people’s new year’s resolutions to ‘work out and eat healthier.’ Both places should be crowded for the next month or so until people forget/give up on their promises.
10. The Great Scott Mixtape – Soprano, the underdog from VA, dropped a nice little stocking stuffer on us right around Christmas. The mixtape is refreshing to listen to and is a throwback to the era of lyrics first, beats second. A lot of people have downloaded it already and if you haven’t check it out.