1. Earthquake in Chile – I think the Mayan’s might have been on to something with this 2012 stuff. Less than two months after Haiti was hit with a devastating Earthquake, an earthquake registering 8.8 struck off the coast of Chile. This was a massive Earthquake that almost triggered a Tsunami in the Pacific Ocean. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Chileans as they dig themselves out of this disaster.
2. Guru – In other bad news, hip-hop legend Guru had a heart attack over the weekend and is in a coma. The prognosis, from what we’ve read, doesn’t look good. We hope for the best, as losing him would be a big blow for the art. Him and DJ Premier are probably the most underrated duo ever. Get Well Soon to one of the greats.
3.Winter Olympics Wrap-Up – The Winter Olympics have come and gone, the US won the most medals, blah blah blah. The real story is would’ve been the U.S. upset of Canada in the men’s hockey gold medal game. In what might go down as one of the greatest Olympic hockey games of all-time, the US feel to Canada 3-2 in overtime. The Olympic hockey tournament was exciting and very good for the sport, especially in the U.S. Of course, that means Gary Bettman is going to do whatever he can to ruin the 2014 Olympics.
4. usa cialis airmail – Check out this cool post by cialis young guys featuring 20 black pioneers of style. The list featured names such as Teddy Pendergrass, Marvin Gaye, Sidney Poitier and Richard Roundtree aka Shaft. This was a nice way for the men’s fashion site to wrap up black history month.
5. How to make it in America – when will this show start? After four episodes, I still don’t know how I feel about this show. It somehow manages to frustrate the hell out of me and hold my attention for 30 mins every weekend. On one hand, the partying and hanging out in the city reminds me of what me and my friends do on occasion. On the other hand, especially with all the name dropping/product placement, it comes off too trendy and cliché. Plus they haven’t made any damn jeans yet. Hopefully, by the end of the season something compelling will happen. I’m not too sure how long I can get excited for nothing.
6. Academy Awards – The Academy Awards are Sunday and honestly I didn’t see enough movies last year to have an opinion on who should win anything. But there should be plenty of eye candy, which should help those of us who’ll be bunned up and forced to tune in.
7. March Madness – Well March is here, which means March Madness has to be on the way. Conference tourney’s kick off this week, with the Big Dance jumping off the week of St. Patrick’s day. In a shrewd, proactive move, I already took off work for the first two days of the tournament.
8. NBA – a lot of stuff going on in the NBA right now. The playoff push will be kicking into overdrive the next few weeks. The battle for the scoring title between Durant, LeBron and Melo will be fun to watch. Don’t sleep on Darren Collison either. With Chris Paul out, he’s been playing out of his mind and singlehandedly has the Hornets still playing competitively.
9. NFL: Not For Long – it’s been a tough couple of weeks for 30 something running backs in the NFL. Tomlinson, Brian Westbrook and Thomas Jones have all gotten the pink slip. While LT and Westbrook have fallen off, Jones was still productive. I hope these guys put some money away.
10. http://uristocrat.com/where-to-buy-tax-liens/ – Uhhh, I’m not sure if this is what XXL was going for with its 2010 Freshman class