1. Uristocrat Mixtape: The biggest news this week is the release of our first http://uristocrat.com/tag/dj-rtodaizza/. In case you haven’t heard, it’s the hottest collection of up and coming artist out right now. Dice Raw, XO, Aime, Cymarshall Law, Soprano and Asaad bless the tape, to name a few artist. My man DJ Rtodaizza mixed and hosted the tape. Don’t sleep on this tape.
2. Penn Relays Weekend: Penn Relays 2010 was a classic ‘might don’t make it’ weekend. We went in Friday at Marathon, the Penn MGC did their thing on Saturday per usual and we closed out a strong weekend with the mixtape release party. And the actual races were dominated by the presence of Usain Bolt. Bolt came through and pretty much won the 4 x 100 relay race by himself. Bolt is possibly the most electrifying track athlete since Carl Lewis, and he only does two events. He’s the only athlete/entertainer in the world that can put on a worthwhile show in under 10 seconds. If you missed it, you missed it.
3. Boondocks Season 3: The last season of the Boondocks starts this Sunday. As a fan of the show, I could probably watch a dozen seasons of the Boondocks and it wouldn’t get stale. Alas, McGruder’s content with only giving us three season of one of the funniest shows to come out in the past few years. Between Boondocks and Treme, I’ll be glued to my couch every Sunday night for a long, long time.
4. NBA Playoffs: So much for the NBA Playoffs being boring. If the playoffs weren’t compelling leading up to the weekend, LeBron and Wade may have saved it on Sunday. Wade dropped 46 on the Celtics, literally carrying his team on his back, which was immediately followed by LeBron’s triple-double through three quarters. If LeBron keeps that sinister look in his eye throughout the playoffs, Nike is going to have to bring back that ‘WITNESS’ campaign.
5. reliable source cialis B.O.B. might turn out to be the most successful artist from hip-hop’s class of 2009. The eclectic Atlanta musician drops his debut album this week. I think a lot of people, me included, are looking forward to hearing this one. April has been the best month of the year for hip-hop by far.
6. Floyd Mayweather vs. Shane Mosely: Pretty Boy Floyd is set to whoop fight Sugar Shane this Saturday. Honestly, I’m not really looking forward to this one. Floyd is the sports best showman, but at the end of the day I don’t expect Shane to stick around for too long. At least this fight has to be better than that Bernard Hopkins/Roy Jones Jr. crapfest.
7. Ryan Howard has every dollar: The Phillies locked up their franchise 1st baseman today with a 5 year, $125M extension through 2016. Ryan Howard is one of the most prolific home run hitters in the game today, and will be baseball’s second highest paid player behind A-Rod. This contract is another sign that African-American’s are starting to regain their footing in Major League Baseball. Good move for baseball and the Phillies (though they probably could’ve got him for a little bit cheaper).
8. Run Ricky Run :Another highly anticipated ’30 for 30’ debuts on ESPN on 4/27. This doc will follow Ricky Williams bizarre exit from, and return to, the NFL. Since nobody watched the fantasy baseball one (let’s be honest), ESPN has essentially given us the epic A.I. show and Ricky Williams back-to-back. Once again, this is one of their best ideas ever.
9. LaShawn Merritt: Unfortunately, a fellow native of Portsmouth, VA is in pole position for the ‘Worst Judgment Call of the Year’ Award. Merritt was suspended for two years because was taking ‘eXtenze.’ Yeah, that eXtenze from those late night infomercials they sell at 7-11. I’m embarrassed for dude, though he still has a lot more money than I. He’ll be back for the Olympics in 2012 and if he crushes it nobody will care anymore.
10. Aime ‘Ms. Dimples: I had to give this song a specific shoutout because it’s amazing. It’s already my personal anthem for the summer and it’s now mandatory that any girl I talk to must have dimples until further notice.
Aime – Ms Dimples by uristocrat