1. http://uristocrat.com/page/152/?cat=1 Say what you want about Nike’s business practices, but you can’t deny their genius. Gearing up for the world cup, Nike has just dropped the greatest commercial ever. ‘Write the Future’ features several of the top players in the game, cameo’s by Kobe Bryant and Homer Simpson and even managed to make Ronaldinho look relevant again. If you haven’t seen this yet, please check it out now.
2. Memorial Day Weekend: Memorial Day is the unofficial start of summer. I’m ready for the beach, bbq’s and girls wearing next to nothing to commence. Having a day off on Monday will be nice as well. Enjoy the weekend with your friends and family and remember to eat as much swine as possible don’t do anything stupid like drink and drive.
3. Finance Reform: Obama got another key piece of legislation passed as now the House and Senate have approved finance reform bills. A reconciled bill should hit #44’s desk before July 4. Now that he’s gotten two major pieces of legislation passed, he can spend more time kicking Clark Kellogg’s ass in horse you would think he’d have more time to rest. Instead, he has to decide on what to focus on now: immigration reform, environmental policy, getting Iran/Af-Pak/North Korea under control and even a possible second stimulus may be on the upcoming docket.
4. Shower Posse vs. Jamaican Government: Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Jamaica in this truly bizarre situation. Instead of being extradited to the U.S., Christopher Coke – the leader of the notorious Shower Posse gang – has essentially waged war against the government. A Stage of Emergency has been declared as violence rages in the capital. I hope this situation gets resolved soon.
5. Boondocks Season 3: Aaron McGruder might be the master of social media. Using Youtube, Facebook and Twitter, he’s seemingly increased the popularity and awareness of his show tenfold. At one point after the latest episode the Boondocks was responsible for four of the ten trending topics on Twitter. Yet, for diehard fans of the show – some dating back to the comic strip – this season has been lackluster so far. Hopefully the last few episodes of the show will be as memorable and meaningful as the first few episodes were.
6. viagra what dose doctor Drake had a big week last week. His ‘9AM freestyle in Dallas’ had the Internets buzzing, with a lot of people saying it’s his most powerful work since ‘So Far Gone.’ And with his album on the horizon, songs continue to leak. If the tracklistings that are floating around are correct, at least 1/3 of his album has hit the streets so far. If he wants to increase his buzz, he should stick to more ‘9AM’ stuff and keep the rest of his album stuff from the Interwebs.
7. Is it the Finals Yet? – David Stern is probably sitting in his office with a big smile. Even though we’re probably headed for Lakers/Celtics for the 2nd time in three years, the Suns and Magic have put up a fight and will keep hoops on our TV through at least Thursday. If the Conference Finals get good and the Lakers and Celtics still reach the finals, Stern’s league could really own the summer of 2010.
8. French Open – The French Open kicked off this week, but the only thing that really made the news so far has been Venus Williams’ racy outfits. Wake me when the quarterfinals kick off.
9. Stanley Cup Finals – The Flyers have made it back to the finals for the first time since 1997. Of course, they’ll probably get swept by the Blackhawks, but I won’t dwell on that now. Philly is definitely on a sports comeup. The Phillies are probably going to win their 3rd straight National League pennant, Villanova is a perennial threat to reach the Final Four, the Sixers have the 2nd pick in a deep draft, Donovan McNabb finally has some weapons to play with and now the Flyers have reached the Stanley Cup Finals. Props to the ‘Flyers fans’ who actually watched a period or two of hockey before Game 5 of the Conference Finals.
10. End of Lost, 24 and Law and Order – Network TV seems like it’s in a transitional phase with the Lost, 24 and Law and Order coming to an end. If one or all of these are ‘your show,’ you’re probably wondering what the hell you’re going to watch now. My suggestion: get HBO. True Blood, Entourage, Eastbound and Down, Life and Times of Tim, Treme (!!!!!!) and How to Make it in America (???????) are all you need. Or better yet, read a damn book.