1. cialis 20 mg from canada One of the biggest concerts of the summer is being brought to you by us. That’s right, it’s going down at the TLA on July 15th. Kids and the Hall headline the show and will be joined by Dephonic, Stalley, Writtenhouse, Akilles, Asaad and others. DJ R to da Izza and DJ Law One will be on the 1s and 2s. Hit up Live Nation for advance tickets and make sure you check http://uristocrat.com/2011/08/opening-ceremony-usa-vs-argentina-fallwinter-2011-theme/ for updates. To purchase tickets now visit LiveNation.
2. Lebron James Spring of Discontent: This wasn’t how things were supposed to play out for LBJ. LeBron was supposed to be in the conference finals right now on his way to bringing a championship, followed by the most anticipated free agency period since Kobe almost signed with the Clippers (or when Jordan almost signed with the Knicks). Instead, the Cavs were ousted by the Celtics and LeBron played so poorly that people are questioning whether he has the heart/focus/desire/ability to win a championship. On top of that, Delonte West is allegedly smashing his moms. This summer was supposed to seal his legacy as one of the game’s all-time greats. Now his legacy hangs in the balance, perhaps along with several other relationships.
3. Gucci’s Home : Gucci Mane is home and he’s pledging to stay out this time. Despite having the streets on lock, Gucci’s work hasn’t translated into much commercial success (unless you count ringtone sales). He’s already working on a follow up studio album and if he’s home to promote the album this time maybe he’ll have better luck on the charts.
4. Oil Spill debacle: We haven’t commented on this topic too much, as the facts are still coming out. Besides another hurricane, this is one of the worst things that could’ve happened to this region that’s still rebuilding from Hurricane Katrina. It’s also a sign that maybe we should slow down with all our offshore drilling plans.
5. Surging Celtics: Meanwhile, the Celtics might be the hottest team in the league right now. Their resurgence couldn’t have come at a better time for David Stern. A Lakers/Celtics rematch in the finals would bring a lot more fans than a Lakers/Magic rematch. Then again, the Suns could be LA and spoil everything.
6. For the love of the game? One of the most bizarre stories that came out last week was about a guy who faked his identity to play high school ball. Guerdwich Montimere posed as a 16 year old Haitian refugee named Jerry Joseph. Of course, he was lighting up the league, was very popular at school and even moved in with the coach ala The Blind Side. Alas, he was discovered when an old coach recognized him at a tournament. Sometimes you just have to let the dream go.
7. Treme: If you’re not watching this show, you’re really missing out. David Simon brought all the elements that made ‘The Wire’ the greatest show ever to post-Katrina New Orleans. Season 1 is only 6 episodes in so you have plenty of time to catch up. (If you cancel HBO when Entourage isn’t on, do yourself a favor and pick it up again for this. Besides, Vinny Chase and Co. will be back next month anyway).
8. http://uristocrat.com/author/admin/page/184/ One of the most talked about articles to hit Uristocrat last week was the guest column by Michelle Hux on Drake and J. Cole. Drake’s comparison of him and Cole as a new version of Jay and Nas has sparked a lot of discussion/comparion of the two artists, but check out this article before you make that move. You can get more of Michelle Hux on Twitter @MichelleHux.
9. Kobe Crosses Over Grant Hill: Is Kobe still selling ankle insurance? If so, he should be able to sell some to Grant Hill after he shattered his ankles with this disgusting crossover. In addition to embarrassing Hill, Kobe dropped 40 and was pretty much unstoppable in Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals. current bankruptcy laws
10. UEFA Champions League Final/World Cup: The UEFA Champions League final between Bayern Munich and Inter Milan. This is a nice warm up for the World Cup, which is on deck for next month. The smart money is on Inter Milan. Either way, I’m stoked its on a Saturday and I can actually watch it this year.