1. Antoine Dodson – Antoine Dodson has the top spot in the power rankings this week. Now you can Runteldat, homeboy! I know I shouldn’t be laughing at this, but I can’t help it. This dude is hilarious. Kudos to ‘Toine for turning a serious matter (an attempted rape) into a national punchline.
2. Montana Fishburne – This week we almost had a 1a and 1b situation. Laurence Fishburne’s daughter Montana has decided to jumpstart her career by doing porn. Yup, Morpheus’ 19 year old daughter is getting mashed out on film. Apparently daddy’s name wasn’t good enough for her to get a look in Hollywood. Yikes. I actually feel bad for Furious Styles.
3. Wale – ‘More About Nothing’ – The ‘Mixtape About Nothing’ was one of the dopest and more creative mixtapes to drop in the last few years. Now Wale is back with the follow up ‘More About Nothing.’ Another Seinfeld themed mixtape from the DC rapper is exactly what needed to reengergize his fanbase. The ‘Mixtape About Nothing’ was arguable the album of the year in 2008. I have a feeling ‘More About Nothing’ might be near the top of everybody’s list at the end of this year.
4. Kanye West’s ‘World Tour’ – Kanye’s taken an interesting route in promoting his upcoming album (is it still called ‘Good Ass Job?’ Dropping in September, right?). Kanye has made ‘surprise’ visits at the offices of Twitter, Facebook and Rolling Stone Magazine so far, dropping freestyles and verses of from the new album. I think this is a good idea. Kanye’s still a god in hip-hop but his image is still shaken in the mainstream from the Taylor Swift incident. Getting Facebook, Twitter and Rolling Stone on the bandwagon will help tremendously.
5. In the Mix with DJ R to Da Izza – My man DJ R to Da Izza always kills it when he does a mix. This time he’s taking it back to the 90s in his latest mix. DMX, Beans, House of Pain and Kriss Kross are some of the artist on this mix. If this doesn’t get you hype you either don’t have a pluse or were born after 1995.
6. Kentucky Fried Flu – This last episode of the Boondocks was definitely one for the archives. Check it out if you haven’t seen it yet. Hilarious from start to finish.
7. Return of the NFL – The NFL preseason kicks off this weekend, which means football’s back from now until February. Personally, I could care less about the preseason. It just isn’t the same with out the fantasy or gambling implications. However, any football is good enough for most of you degenerates out there. Enjoy.
8. Happy 49th Birthday President Obama – The President turns 49 this week. With all that’s going on in the country, I’m sure 48 was an interesting year for our man Obama. Let’s hope 49 is a lot better. Regardless of your political affiliation, a good year for the president is probably a good year for the rest of us.
9. August Already? – And just like that, the summer’s pretty much over. August is probably my least favorite month. It’s brutally hot, but it just doesn’t feel like summer. All the summer fun is slowly rapping up during August while you continue to melt away and get dined on by various insects. No bueno.
10. Kevin Garnett fail – I wish I could short Kevin Garnett’s career. Dude has just signed his life away signed a sneaker deal with a random Chinese company ANTA Sports Products. Between his decaying knees and declining skills, I just have a bad feeling about this. Any player considering signing with a random shoe company should ask Grant Hill how he feels about FILA.