1. Uristocrat Temptation Thursdays – It’s going down this Thursday at Rain Lounge. DJ R to da Izza will be on the 1s and 2s, and the flyest people in Philly will be there getting it popped. Make sure you’re in the building this Thursday.
2. Kanye West “Power (remix)” – Kanye finally dropped the boston bankruptcy lawyers with Hov and Swizz Beats, and it was nuts. Since arriving on Twitter a few weeks ago, nobody’s dominated the Internet like Yeezy. He’s promised to drop new music every Friday and I’m anxious to hear what else he has in store.
3. “If God’s Willing and Da Creek Don’t Rise” – Spike Lee’s follow up to “When the Levees Broke” is said to be as riveting as the original documentary about Post Katrina New Orleans. Check this out on HBO if you want to see what the news media isn’t telling us about N’awlins.
woman cialis pills
tax resolution reviews I’m not sure if this is a sign of the new album being off the shelf, but Lupe just dropped a new track “Go to Sleep.” It’s vintage Lupe. A Lupe album would be the icing on the cake of a solid year for hip-hop.
5. J. Cole – No Holding Me Back/It Won’t Be Long – Somebody whose album is definitely on the way is J. Cole. The North Carolina MC has two tracks out this week, “No Holding Me Back” and “It Won’t Be Long.” This dude is one of the nastiest rappers out. Please don’t sleep on him.
6. Jordan Rides the Bus – ESPN’s 30 for 30 is back this week with “Jordan Rides the Bus.” This documentary is going to follow Jordan through his two years of playing minor league baseball for the Birmingham Barons. The fact that the greatest basketball player of all time quit mid-prime to play minor league baseball is one of the most fascinating stories in sports history. I’ve been waiting for this one for a long time.
7. Sarah Palin doesn’t care about black people – Dr. Laura dropped the N word on her radio show 11 times, took appropriate heat for it, and is stepping down from her show at the end of her contract. Of course, Sarah Palin stepped up to defend her “First Amendment Rights.” Hopefully the GOP will be stupid enough to nominate this train wreck for president in 2012.
8. Tiger Woods’ divorce is finalized – Does this mean he can get back to smashing all sorts of jawns the golf ball like he did in his prime?
9. Protect Net Neutrality – Several Internet Service Providers, and even some big Internet companies (ahem, Google), are conspiring to make the Internet less free. The concept of Net Neutrality means every Internet can access any website at maximum speeds at anytime. Without Net Neutrality, ISP’s could theoretically make some websites faster than others, or charge users an additional fee to regain access to the entire web at full speed. Yikes. Please hit up Barack Obama, the FCC and everyone else and let them know you want the Internet to remain free. Otherwise, you might find yourself logging on to Uristocrat at dial-up like speeds. Seriously.
10. Drake “Miss Me” Video – The $10 million man has finally dropped another video for Thank Me Later. This was a bit of a surprise, considering the way “Fancy” is dominating the airwaves. Then again, videos aren’t exactly Drake’s strong suit. He has less charisma on screen than Bernie from Weekend at Bernie’s, which is funny considering his background as an “actor.” No hatred here though, the album was strong and he did his thing this year.