1. Kanye West’s Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy – We finally have the album title. I can’t knock him for not forcing Good Ass Job or staying with the theme of the other albums, but geez, the title sounds more like a Fallout Boy album. At least he’s 2/2 on officially released album tracks so far. Check out his performance on SNL over the weekend.
2. R.I.P. EA Sports Basketball – NBA 2K11 dropped this week to solid reviews. Meanwhile, its competitor NBA Live Elite is nowhere to be found. EA has pushed back the trash product game indefinitely. It might be time for them to give it up, like they did with baseball games, and focus on their bread and butter – Madden, NCAA Football and FIFA. At least they’re now letting PS3 and Xbox 360 owners purchase NBA Jam as a standalone game now.
3. Mike Vick Injured – The feel good story of the year has been put on hold, at least for now. Mike Vick injured his ribs on a scramble that ended up being called back for holding anyway. Now he’s out for at least a few weeks. It’s a shame because he was an early season MVP candidate.
4. Mos Def signs with Kanye – Mos Def signed with G.O.O.D. Music, which can only be good for his career. Kanye has a solid track record for helping conscious MC’s get a slice of the mainstream pie – see Sense, Common.
5. Social Network – The Facebook movie crushed the box office. Apparently this is the best movie to come out this year so far. Judging what’s come before it, that might not be hard to top.
6. NBA Preseason Kicks Off – We finally get a chance to see what LeBron and his talents are hitting for in South Beach. In an odd way, “The Decision” has added a lot more hype to the coming NBA season than we’ve had in a while. I’m ready for another exciting season of NBA hoops.
7. 2010 Baseball Playoffs – The Phillies look like a lock to make it back to the World Series for a 3rd straight time. Will there be a rematch of 2008 or 2009? I know the league is hoping for another Phillies/Yankees series. With the way the Yankees pitching has been down the stretch, the Phillies might be hoping for that too.
8. Jordan 5 Light Graphite – Check out these pictures for the upcomingdui checkpoint cincinnati These would make a strong consolation prize to anybody who misses out on the Cool Grey XI’s
9. http://uristocrat.com/internal-revenue-tax/ – G-Shock has hooked up with Aqua Teen Hunger Force to drop a new watch. If you’re not familiar with ATHF, it’s one of the funniest cartoons on Adult Swim. Check out these pictures of the watch.
10. http://uristocrat.com/author/baberuthofbanter4/page/2/ That said, even a lot of his haters had to acknowledge that Mood Muzik 3 was fire. Here’s the trailer he’s put out for Mood Muzik 4. Hopefully he delivers another strong mixtape.