With the opening night of The Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts just days away—the much-anticipated arts festival, inspired by the Kimmel Center and celebrating the innovation, creativity and collaboration of Paris 1910-1920—organizers proudly announce the release of the OFFICIAL PIFA IPHONE APPLICATION. With over 135 events featuring 1,500 artists over 25 days, the FREE PIFA App is the event-goer’s must-have source for all things PIFA as well as the bridge between the two often separated cultural and digital worlds.
Designed by Flying Jalapeño Software with creative by Red Tettemer + Partners, the PIFA app enables the user to:
- Search by date, genre, collaborator, or venue for all PIFA events
- Search for events/venues near you using GPS capability
- View @PIFAphilly’s latest tweets to stay up-to-date on PIFA news
- Save events you plan on purchasing tickets to and add them to your calendar.
- Plus, (starting the week of the festival opening), users will be able to take photos or videos of their own art and upload them straight from their phones using the PIFA app. PIFA, already broadcasting festival content on the PIFA video cube outside the Kimmel Center on the corner of Broad and Locust, will also be including approved content uploaded from the iPhone app for all to see.
“The upload feature in the PIFA app allows the Philadelphia arts community to come together in a whole new way, utilizing new technology,” says PIFA’s executive director, Ed Cambron. “PIFA’s 25 days are about celebrating the arts and their contribution to Philadelphia’s cultural landscape—we wanted to give anyone and everyone the opportunity to have their own art celebrated.”
The PIFA iPhone app is the latest technological element added to PIFA. Already unprecedented in its artistic scope, the festival forges forward with a landmark campaign pairing traditional media and marketing tactics with new-media based marketing tools via customized Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages—PLUS the formation of an ‘army’ of PIFA bloggers, experts in the field of tweeting, posting and digitally connecting to maximize outreach to as broad an audience as possble. The PIFA app will also soon be available for Android phones .
To connect with PIFA:
Follow PIFA on Twitter: http://www.Twitter.com/PIFAphilly or @PIFAphilly
‘Like’ PIFA on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pifa.philly
Watch exclusive PIFA content on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PIFAPhilly