2011 has been a monumental year for me! I graduated from college (all love to my alma mater, Albright College xoxo), interned with a Philadelphia based nonprofit that works with Iraq & Afghanistan War veterans, continued publicist work for a few music artists in Philadelphia, and of course, started writing for Uristocrat! With such a busy schedule, it was difficult finding time to balance everything and still manage to have fun! And amidst all the blogging, attending events, pitching, and media monitoring, I still had my iPod/iTunes/iPhone jammin’ out to some sweet tunes. So below, check out my favorite (or top for that matter) albums of 2011.
Have a Happy New Year! I wish you peace and prosperity in 2012. Respect the cultured.
1. Kendrick Lamar, Section.80 (absolute favorite)
2. Curren$y & Alchemist, Covert Coup
3. JAY Z & Kanye West, Watch The Throne
4. Beyoncé, 4
5. Adele, 21
6. Verbatum Jones, (verb.) EP
7. Tyler, the Creator, Goblin
8. The Roots, Unduncialis risks depression
9. Curren$y, Verde Terrace
10. DJ 2-Tone Jones, Shaolin Jazz: The 37th Chamber