The Nike Zoom Revis has been spotted here and there and in plenty of colorways over the last few months, but now Nike gives us an official introduction to the shoe. Nike worked with Darrelle Revis directly on the shoe, creating “a versatile, all-weather, multi-surface “adaptive traction” shoe built for game day preparation and speed.” The Nike Zoom Revis represents a return to the era of Nike training shoes and was built to allow athletes to train for speed on many different surfaces and in different environments.
Here’s a look at the Nike Zoom Revis innovation and design elements:
- The bridges in NYC served as an inspiration for the design of the Nike Zoom Revis. A bridge brings together two different types of surfaces and in much the same way, the Nike Zoom Revis allows athletes to train from wet to cold, inside to outside, and turf to grass.
- A “traction on demand” element in the outsole engages with the ground to provide the ultimate in traction on any surface when the athlete needs it most. The pattern represents the rivets on a bridge and the Volt colorway represents the bright city lights on the bridges in NYC.
- Nike Flywire is incorporated to provide lightweight adaptable support for lateral movement and extreme cuts. The Flywire design equals the number 24 on each side of the strap in roman numerals.
- The midfoot strap is placed across the shoe for enhanced lockdown and fit for lateral movement and quick cuts. This dynamic lockdown system and underfoot propulsion helps athletes explode on each first step. Inside the strap, Revis shares his favorite quote: “The only way to handle pressure is to apply it.”
- The visible full length Zoom Air sole provides an ultra responsive ride.
- The internal form-fitting bootie for a comfortable fit. The word “FAMILY” is placed on the inside of the tongue in honor of Revis’ commitment to them.
- The TPU heel clip is included to lock the heel into place.
- Mesh underlays keep the shoe lightweight and breathable.