Uristocrat/215mag.com is seeking a motivated intern to join the Uristocrat/215mag team as a spring intern. This full-time role is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring journalist to learn about new media platforms and gain experience. The intern will work closely with the editorial team, and will have opportunities to pitch and write posts, work with the vertical’s social media accounts, and use Uristocrat’s CMS to build and package content for the site. This is a fabulous opportunity to join a fast-growing site and a dynamic, fun team. A pro-active, detail-oriented intern will have the opportunity to grow and acquire solid real-world new media and editorial skills.
· Contributing content to the site
· Interviewing contributors and experts
· Photo research
· Running occasional errands for the department
· Contacting PR contacts for images/press releases
· Writing posts, headlines, and teasers
· Loading content in to CMS
· Assisting with the vertical’s social media account management
· Attending and covering events and promotions around Philadelphia
Requirements for Success:
· Communications or Journalism major preferred, but other majors are welcome to apply
· Experience in writing and event coverage experience is a plus, but not required
· Overall interest in interior design, crafts and DIY is a must!
· Superior communications skills, both oral and written
· Well organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task, able to prioritize with minimal direction
· Positive attitude, loves a challenge, able to pitch creatively and execute ideas
· Able to follow up with project partners to ensure accurate and timely completion of deliverables
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
· Experience in creating/writing blogs is strongly preferred
· Experience using a CMS is required (ex.- WordPress, Drupal, MoveableType, etc.)
· Familiarity with Photoshop preferred
· Experience with HTML preferred
· Working knowledge of social media outlets is required, including: Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, etc., and professional social media experience is preferred.
This internship is unpaid and may be used for college credit. The position is open to current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent (only May 2012 or later) graduates.