We get a remix of Marsha’s new single featuring Fabolous and Maino.
We get a remix of Marsha’s new single featuring Fabolous and Maino.
J. Cole releases this new track which will be featured on EA Sports new game NBA Elite
Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that Grammy Award Winning Producer and DJ, 9th Wonder, and Roc Nation star MC, J. Cole, have created the soundtrack for EA SPORTS™ NBA ELITE 11. The game will include a full soundtrack designed by 9th Wonder and title track “The Plan” by J. Cole. This is the first EA SPORTS NBA title to have a custom soundtrack that has been created solely by two artists.
The Vans CA collection is one of my favorite sub brands. Here we take a look at the Wingtip versions of these sneakers. The sneakers also feature suede uppers as well as the Vans off the wall patch. via: FLAUGE
A quick look is seen of the latest Nike LIVESTRONG Blazer low. This sneaker is a result of the partnership between the Livestrong foundation and Nike Sportswear. The sneaker seen here features a light grey suede upper and yellow accents. The sneaker is currently available H from the Nike Store.
1. Mike Vick – Mike Vick is a starter in the NFL again. This is one of the more improbable redemption tales in sports. When Vick got released from prison, many people thought he would return to the NFL as a receiver or running back. Last year, mostly out of the wildcat, he showed flashes of his former self but not enough to inspire any team to pick him up. Now he looks better than ever. Incredible. Make sure you are following @Eagles or @EaglesInsider for more breaking news!
2. Reggie Bush: Worst. Summer. Ever. – This summer definitely wasn’t a summer to remember for Reggie Bush. Earlier this year, he lost his girlfriend Kim Kardashian. A few weeks ago, he had to give back his 2005 Heisman Award following him being declared ineligible for that season due to receiving illegal benefits. Then, only a few days before the official start of Fall 2010, dude breaks his leg on national TV. Yikes.
3. Cudi Disses Wale – More rap beef. Wale seemed to try to put the situation between him and Cudi to bed on “More About Nothing.” Apparently Cudi didn’t listen to the mixtape because he fired shots at Wale in Complex. To me, rap beef is so 2001. If you have beef with a dude, give him a call. Or take it to Twitter.
4. Jail for T.I. and Tiny? – Rumor has it, T.I. and Tiny will both go to jail for there recent drug arrests. T.I. is likely going away for three years, while Tiny could see a year. I feel bad for their children, who will definitely suffer in this situation. If we’re going to have to wait another three years for more T.I., I hope he’s living in the studio to get something out before he goes back in. Stay tuned.
5. Denard Robinson – Have you seen this guy? The sophomore QB at Michigan is looking like Pat White on steroids. Through three games, he’s thrown for almost 700 yards, ran for almost 600 yards and has 8 total touchdowns. Keep an eye out for this dude as a Heisman contender.
6. Melo leaving Denver – All signs are pointing to Denver trying to avoid a “Decision 2.0” and trying to get some value for Carmelo Anthony, who seems to want out. The Nets are the early favorite, but with everything that’s gone over this summer he has to end up with the Knicks right?
7. L.A. Reid done at Def Jam? – Rumors are swirling about L.A. Reid being fired from Def Jam. After he gave Shyne a million bucks to for nothing, I can’t even be mad at this. Record sales are sagging all over the place, so maybe it’s time for some new blood at some of these labels.
8. Phillies v. Yankees rematch – Nobody’s paying attention to baseball anymore now that football’s back, but we have your back. The Phillies and Yankees are surging headed into the playoffs and we could have another rematch on our hands.
9. Kevin McKinley – Kevin McKinley, a WR for the Denver Broncos, died this week in an apparent suicide. Not much to say here, as the details are limited, but this is a sad story. We hope he rests in peace.
10. Charlie Wilson – For reasons unknown, he’s becoming a go to guy for Kanye West. He’s appeared in a few tracks with Mr. West in the past few weeks and the results have been head scratching to say the least. I can’t hate on him though; he’s making records and I’m on the sidelines. Props to the old bol.
The Nike Zoom Huarache Trainer “Flash” is seen here in detail. I am not sure if these shoes are a definite recommend but they do deserve a look. The shoe comes in a varsity red color with the addition Challenge Red and Orange Blaze accents.
Nike Zoom Huarache TR Mid
Varsity Red/Challenge Red-Orange Blaze-Varsity Red
Starcrow gives us a look at Bleu de Paname’s 2010 Fall/Winter collection. The collection seen here is part 1 of the brands “Uniforme” collection which features items made of high quality and with a goal of high fashion. The items are also designed to be fully functional and will function well as workwear. These items should be available very soon including the aforementioned Starcrow.
We take a look at the 2010 Fall/Winter collection for Woolrich Woolen Mills. The brand continues with their rich tradition of well designed items by creating items all themed in black and blue. Daiki Suzuki, creates pieces which take inspiration from Americana including flannel jackets and melton wool jackets. All items are available now at Tres Bien.
Pac Div in a Hollywood studio working on a song called “the greatness” with Legendary hip hop producer No I.D. (the man behind Jay-z’s ‘D.O.A.’, Common’s “I Used to love Her”, and countless other records.
2010 has seen a resurgence in the Jordan brand starting with the release of the Space Jam sneakers which actually took place during the holiday season of 2009. The year continued with the releases of numerous Air Jordan 9’s and the anticipated release of the Air Jordan 12 Cool greys later this year. Sandwiched in between all these releases is the release of the Air Jordan Force Fusion 10s in a Steel Gray colorway. Take a look at these sneakers seen here. This colorway is expected to release in sizes for the entire family; mens, grade school, pre-school, and toddler sizes will be available once these release. Take a look at the photos of this sneaker and keep checking Uristocrat for information concerning release information.
<iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/15012439?title=0&portrait=0&color=ffffff” width=”630″ height=”354″ frameborder=”0″></iframe><p>Official “1st Floor” music video for the intro track to his debut “87 Dreams”.<br />Directed by Jerome White and Gilbere Forte’.<br /><br />Purchase “1st Floor” on iTunes:<br />http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/1st-floor/id388630868?i=388630876&ign-mpt=uo%3D4</p>
Here is the Official video f0r Chiddy Bang’s (Pharrell co-produced) single. Off their upcoming mini-album, The Preview, which will be available October 21st.
Kanye West releases a new song as promised and it features Mos Def, Swizz Beatz, Raekwon and Charlie Wilson. According to the @DJRtodaizza, This joint samples Brian Bennett’s Solstice. NaS used the Brian Bennett Soltice sample back in 2001 for Find Ya Wealth off the QB Finest album…..
Mayer Hawthorne is one of the hardest working men in show business. Why you ask? Because the man is always on tour. He’s going on another and releases this track, “No Strings”, in honor of it. Take a listen to it and amaze yourself in the smooth production of Classixx.
In celebration of the countdown to prohibition and the premiere of HBO’s upcoming series Boardwalk Empire, Cornerstone is kicking off a unique month-long speakeasy campaign.Passwords will be distributed weekly to you when you sign up, which will allow them to enter some of the most exclusive speakeasies in Philadelphia and receive prohibition-era cocktails compliments of HBO and Canadian Club.
Set in Atlantic City at the dawn of Prohibition when the sale of alcohol became illegal throughout the United States, Boardwalk Empire is the brand new series from Terence Winter, Emmy® Award-winning writer of the Sopranos®, and Academy Award®-winning director Martin Scorsese. The series premieres on Sunday September 19th at 9PM on HBO.
Click here to register for password info and
your hooch hook-up at these participating speakeasies
102 S. 13th St.
112 S. 18th St.
1524 Walnut St. 2nd Fl.
21 + only
One complimentary drink per person
1. Kanye West – I hate to keep putting him at the top of the rankings but he’s really carrying the game on his back right now. Sunday night he shutdown a lackluster award show and deaded the Taylor Swift controversy with a crazy performance of his latest song “Runaway.” Yeezy is going to have every douchebag and a-hole getting toast for the rest of the year. Cheers.
2. Kevin Durant – KD took over the World Basketball Championship and helped the US win the event for the first time since 1994. The games were hard to catch so I’ll recap them for you – KD was unstoppable. With the way he and Russell Westbrook balled out, the Thunder are looking like a Top 5 team in the league for 2010-11.
3. Reggie Bush – Reggie Bush deaded his own controversy by deciding to give back his 2005 Heisman trophy. Props to him for making such a tough decision. I would have hid it under my bed next to the stashbox or in a safe somewhere and made the NCAA come get it. This saga is yet another example of NCAA hypocrisy. He caught a raw deal.
4. Uristocrat Fall Style Guide – Summer’s gone and Fall 2010 officially kicks off next week. Make sure you’re on top of your game by checking out the Uristocrat Fall Style Guide and get your wardrobe in order.
5. Cool Grey Jordan XI – One of the tightest and most exclusive Jordans are dropping this Christmas time. The Cool Grey XI’s are coming out for the first time in almost ten years. These will be 1-5 on my Christmas list this year.
6. Who is Arian Foster? – He’s only number two all-time on Tennessee’s career rushing yards list. That was good enough to get him undrafted and on Houston’s practice squad for most of the year last year. When he finally got his opportunity towards the end of the season, he strong-armed Steve Slaton for the starting job and it doesn’t look like he’s giving it back. Props if you drafted him (I picked him up in one of my leagues), I don’t think this week was a fluke; he’s the real deal.
7. Return of Mike Vick – Meanwhile, there’s yet another QB controversy in Philly. Kevin Kolb didn’t play well for most of the first half and was concussed. Enter Mike Vick. He resurrected his career last year, now it looks like he wants his spot back as a starting QB in the NFL. In a half of football, Vick threw for almost 200 yards and ran for over 100 and was as electric as he was in his Atlanta days. If Kolb can’t go this Sunday, he might want to get used to holding the clipboard again.
8. Polo Rugby Fall 2010 Collection – Rugby dropped their Fall 2010 lookbook via video. It’s definitely worth a look. The Rugby Ralph Lauren brand is very popular with Twentysomethings and isn’t oversaturated yet like its big brother Polo.
9. Naledge – Twentysomething – Speaking of twentysomethings, Naledge dropped his latest mixtape Twentysomething late last week. The Chicago MC did his thing, once again, and remains one of the most underrated cats in the game right now. Check out his video talking about the project and make sure you download the tape.
10. Jay-Z makes history again – Jay-Z has made history so many times that when he does something new you might not even notice, or care. This week, he teamed up with Eminem for a couple of concerts at Yankees Stadium. History is just another day at the office for the gawd MC.