We take a look at another great commercial from Nike Soccer. This Is Your Final Wake Up Call featured soccer stars Martin Galvan (Mexico), Philippe Coutinho (Brazil) and Sergio ‘Kun’ Aguero (Argentina), drilling the wanna be soccer players of Sao Paulo into harsh reality of soccer.
We take a closer look at another one of the Air Jordan IX sneakers scheduled for release this year, the white and citrus model. The sneaker features white patent leather with accents of citrus yellow and a citrus yellow embroidered “23″ on the heel. Rumor is that these will be a 2,000 pair quickstrike. However VMVinc has a few pairs available.
Hey everyone, we have a new track from KQuoteAuthor to preview. This song is titled “Sneeze.” Tell us what you think and make sure you check out the Uristocrat Mixtape which also features KQuoteAuthor.
Intro(Sneeze) by lsanders215
For Game 1 of the NBA Finals, Kobe wore a new colorway of his signature Nike Zoom Kobe V sneaker dubbed the “Big Stage.” Last night in Boston he debuted the away version of the sneaker. The sneaker features a black upper with gold accents. The show pays a tribute to Kobe’s spectacular season and career.
The meaning is in the details.
To make plays, Kobe had to be in the game.
73 times – for 2835 minutes, through aching joints and broken bones – Kobe gave the Lakers everything he had.
By season’s end, Kobe accumulated:
• 391 rebounds
• 365 assists
• 113 steals
Along the way Kobe picked up his 12th All-Star nomination and a place at the top of an all-time Lakers list: on February 1, 2010 Kobe hit 25,207 on his career points odometer – more than anyone who’s every worn the purple and gold.
By averaging 27.0 points per game on the year, Kobe gave himself a little breathing room, shooting his career total to 25,970. The details are in the shoe.
I woke up this morning to find this mix waiting for me in my itunes so of course I will share with the rest of the world. It was mixed by Diplo (@diplo) who had this to say about it:
This is a live dj show I did in Chernobyl,RU during my tour of russia. Just some things i’m feeling, not too underground but its mad real son, filled with major lazer exclusivezzzz
You can go subscribe to the podcast or download without doing so…. (subscribe to the podcast!) HERE!
keep it going louder – major lazer
pon the floor (razz & biggy mix) – major lazer
deh style deh – busy signal major lazer dubplate
hold yuh – gyptian (major lazer mix)
hold on – rusko (tom steven mix)
ride – ciara (diplo edit)
one – s.h.mafia
freak – estelle (kaio mix)
rudeboy – giani mariano mix/dj tameil mix
on to the next one – jay z (lbl mix)
teach me how to dougie – cali swag district
good enough- major lazer
say it aint so- weezer/cash flow mix (lobster edit)
how lo- ludacris (caspa mix)(diplo bookashade edit)
show out – roscoe dash (heroes & viliians mix)
dancehall queen – robyn (stenchman and diplo mix)
swagga – excision (downlink mix)
One major trend that I have noticed resurfacing in the last few months is the wearing appearance of the prep classic, knitted ties. These ties came to popularity in the late 70s and 80s . The These ties are the perfect mixture between casual and dress formal wear. these ties They add a nice edge to an outfit, really setting ofeffectively setting off a crisp oxford. They are available at stores like Uniqlo, Brooks Brothers, J.Crew, and more than oftensometimes even your local thrift store.
How to wear it: Can either Wwear it with a nice white oxford shirt, fitted jeans, wingtips, and Blue blazer to give a classic clean casual look or dress down a suit by with the addition of one of these nifty little accessories.
We take a look at Mosley Tribes’ Summer/Fall 2010 Collection. Take a look at a mix of new and existing styles and give us your thoughts.
June 21st at Brooklyn Bowl… BluRoc and Adidas is heating up your summer… Experience the Blu…. The line up is crazy and features Curren$y, Stalley, Ski Beatz, BIG K.R.I.T., Tabi Bonney, Smoke Dza and more.
It was the 51st birthday of the legendary Prince yesterday but instead of expecting gifts, he blessed us with one. He releases a new song entitled “Hot Summer”, to his hometown radio station The Current.
D.C.’s DURKL gives us a look at their Spring/Summer 2010 collection. As usual, Durkl releases items that push the envelope forward and the collection includes items like button down shirts, jackets and accessories. Everything is available now at DURKL retailers worldwide, including online at http://shop.durkl.com.
I have been listening to this song non stop since first hearing it last night. Eminem and Lil Wayne get together again to record “No Love” which features Just Blaze production and a Haddaway sample. Recovery is available on June 22nd.
colette and Timberland first worked together on a boot last year. This year we see another collaboration but this time in the form of a boat shoe. In a second collaboration, colette and Timberland release the following boat shoe. The boat shoe features elements similar to lasts year boot and features lug outsole and colette blue accents over a wheat upper. Available as of June 26th at colette.
VH1 Behind the Music with DMX
Outkast Reunion! Here is another track from Big Boi’s upcoming debut album Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty.
Actually we have yet to see if this will actually make the album but take a listen anyway.
Here is a quick recap of the launch of Franklin + Gower’s new exclusive collection, Bespoke LA. The event was held at Ron Robinson of Fred Segal and featured the likes of Mad Men’s Jon Hamm and Jennifer Westfeldt. Check out all the photos and the video from the event. If you missed this event then look out for the Sunday June 13th party at the Fred Segal Melrose location from 3-5. 8118 melrose Ave. Los Angeles, CA.
1. NBA Finals – At this moment, the NBA Finals is tied at 1-1. The first game mirrored what we’ve seen from the Lakers so far this postseason: a dominant game by Kobe, complimented by Pau Gasol. The second game featured a Rondo performance we’re starting to get used to – a triple-double highlighted by some dazzling moves, and a cameo by Jesus Shuttlesworth who set a finals record with 8 3s. The reoccurring theme, probably, is the inconsistent officiating. I’m still waiting for the series to get good.
2. Stanley Cup Finals – In other sports news, the Flyers are on the verge of being eliminated from the Cup. They’ve accomplished a lot just by making it this far. The Blackhawks are clearly the better team, but you have to respect the way Philly has fought to get to this point. Win or lose, this is a team Philly can be proud of.
3. John Wooden – R.I.P. to the greatest coach in the history of basketball. His records are too numerous to name here, but the thing that stood out the most about Wooden is the way he’s universally revered. He was a coach that cared more about life’s lessons than x’s and o’s, which is something you don’t see anymore.
4. Kenny Griffey, Jr. – Ken Griffey Jr. retired last week, somewhat unceremoniously. Struggling all season, Griffey wasn’t happy with the burn he was getting and stepped down. He was the coolest and arguable the best player in the 90s, equipped with all the tools to become the greatest player ever. He’s probably going to be remembered more for what he could’ve accomplished if it wasn’t for injuries.
5. The Roots Picnic – All eyes were on Philly this weekend as The Roots hosted their annual picnic. Everybody who came out got a chance to enjoy good weather and good music while even artists that weren’t performing came through to show The Roots love. If you missed this one, don’t sleep on the next big event in Philly – Summer School with Kidz in the Hall.
6. The Oil Spill Continues – Late last week, images of crude soaked birds started hitting the net, painting a picture on how big the consequences of this oil spill already are. With hurricane season on the horizon, the parties involved need to resolve this while they have time.
7. World Cup 2010 – The World Cup finally kicks off this Friday. After months and months of hype, we finally get started on the month long quest to crown the greatest team in the world’s game. The U.S. gets things started against England on Saturday.
8. iPhone 4 – The iPhone 4 was finally announced officially today. This phone is sick. HD video recording, video conferencing capabilities and more external buttons are some of the additions to a phone that was already one of the coolest on the market. With increased battery life and a stainless steel frame, the only phone that can kill the iPhone 3 may be the iPhone 4.
9. Air Jordan Infrared Pack 6 – One of the sickest packs to come out since the countdown pack is the Infrared pack. The six’s are very underrated, so you might be able to get your hands on these easier than some of the more hyped releases.
10. Vintage Snapbacks – If you missed this last week, check out this site. They have a lot of crazy snapbacks you won’t be able to find anywhere else. Don’t wait too long to grab a snapback because once they’re gone, they’re gone.
One of our favorite artists, Stalley, releases a video chronicling the making of his song “Harsh Ave” produced by Ski Beatz. Creative Control once again captures the unique song making process. Remember that Stalley will be performing at Uristocrat Summer School on July 15th at the TLA.
In honor or the world cup, LRG will be releasing this United Nations World Cup Series consisting of 6 countries all with New Eras to tie back to them. Some of the countries represented are South Africa, Spain, Jamaica and Germany. The items in the collection are created to reflect the unique culture of each country while still reflecting style of LRG. Take a look and tell us what you think of the collection.