I love Sade. And I love her new album. I also really like this song “Babyfather” from the Soldier of Love. The addition of visuals to the single is a great choice and visual treat.
DJ A-Trak, Donnis, Nick Catchdubs, Dave 1 of Chromeo linked up with 13thWitness at Coachella 2010, to produce the second installment of a “Day in the Life” video , presented by Belvedere. The video follows the Fool’s Gold team as they explain the reasons behind performing at Coachella—at private parties, away from the main stage—and features a performance of Donnis rocking his single “Gone.”
1. Money Mayweather: Floyd Mayweather made light work of Sugar Shane Mosely over the weekend, raising his record to 41-0. However, the critics are already out saying that Shane is well past his prime and they should’ve fought years ago. The only way Pretty Boy Floyd is going to silence the critics is a win over Manny Pacquiao. This is a fight that needs to happen as soon as possible, though realistically it won’t go down until late December or January 2011 at the earliest.
2. Asaad – Wednesday: Asaad’s buzz continues to grow after he started and finished the Uristocrat Mixtape with ‘Tremendous’ and ‘Stay,’ showcasing his versatility as an artist and his skills as a lyricist. Asaad’s next project Wednesday should be out next week. We’ll have more details about the project this week, so be sure to check this out.
3. Times Square car bomb: Catastrophe number one for President Obama this week is the thwarted car bomb attack in Times Square over the weekend. Even though next year will mark a decade since the 9/11 attacks, the prospects of someone pulling off a terrorist attack in arguable the busiest block in the nation is definitely a scary idea.
4. Oil Spill: Meanwhile, the President spent a portion of his weekend in the Gulf Coast monitoring the oil spill caused by an accident on a BP offshore drilling site. This is a big blow to the ‘Drill Baby Drill’ folks, who have been pushing for more projects like these to pop up around the country. Since the amount of oil we’d get from these sites is marginal at best, it’s probably time we start to seriously explore more viable sources of energy.
5. Cinco de Mayo: Cinco de Mayo is one of my favorite excuses to drink. Green beer, shots of tequila and margaritas for everyone!
6. Iron Man 2: Iron Man 2 drops Friday, kicking off the ‘Summer Blockbuster Movie season.’ The effects in this are supposed to be crazy, though I’m skeptical about how good this will actually be. Check out the Iron Man 2 trailer here. Since it costs approximately $100 to go on a movie date, I’ll probably wait for the reviews before I actually check it out.
7. Decline of Tiger Woods? Tiger didn’t miss the cut at Quail Hollow this weekend. He missed the cut by a mile and a half and pretty much mailed in the back 9 on Friday with a 43. For the first time since I can remember, he seemed defeated and even said ‘the hell with’ going to the range after his bad round Thursday. Factoring his age, injuries and struggles on and off the course, is it fair to say that Tiger is in decline? He’s not striking fear into the hearts of guys like Phil Mickelson anymore and hasn’t won a major in over a year. His pending divorce (allegedly) could be weighing on him, as his wife is expected to leave the country with his kids. But if he goes 0 for the year in majors and misses another cut or two, it might be time to start questioning if he still has what it takes to break Jack Nicklaus’ record for most major championships.
8. LeBron wins 2nd Consecutive MVP: In a big surprise, LeBron James took down his second consecutive MVP. This was a foregone conclusion since November and he’ll probably be favored to win the award next year as well. With another MVP, the league’s best record and a loaded roster, at this point if Cleveland doesn’t win the chip it will be an epic fail for everyone in the organization including James.
9. The New Jadakiss mixtape: Jadakiss has just dropped the third installment of his “The Champ is Here” mixtape series. Surprisingly, Kiss has kind fallen off the radar since he signed with the Roc. Maybe this mixtape will help remind people how nice he is. Listen to the mixtape here.
10. Eminem freestyle: Eminem reminded everyone how sick he was with his freestyle last week. With a new album on the horizon, Slim Shady had the Internets going nuts with his 3 minute freestyle over the “Over” and “Beamer, Benz and Bentley” beats. I really hope he brings it like this on his next album.
So seen here are the Nike SB Nightmare on Elm Street Freddy Krueger Dunks. These shoes will probably never see the light of day due to corporate economics and rules. Nike originally made the first sample of the Nightmare on Elm Street sneaker, dubbed the Freddy Krueger Dunk SB in 2006.
Apparently the official story is that New Line Cinema owns the color way to the Freddy sweater and its stripe design. So with the second sample having thinner stripes and offset colors from the original sample The darker brown in the original sample (below) was closer to Freddy pants color.New Line found out that Nike was actually calling the sneakers Freddy Krueger / Krueger Dunks through internal emails and unless New Line was paid for the usage of the name they weren’t having it. So that means that these sneakers will never see the light of day until New Line decides to release them (insert here new Freddy Krueger Movie).
Read more on Nike SB
N*E*R*D and Nelly Furtado release a music video for their new single, Hot-N-Fun. You’ll find some narration from Pharrell as well as lively show footage from the past couple months of touring. N*E*R*D*’s upcoming album Nothing due out on June 15th. Check it out!
Here we take a look at a gingham inspired Nike Dunk High. The sneaker also features army green with hints of orange blaze and mint. The Gingham print in white and mint is what makes this sneaker a standout. The army green denim also helps add a premium look to the sneaker. The Dunk High also features bold blaze orange swoosh creating a nice touch. That orange blaze is also repeated on the leather Nike Swoosh, nylon tongue, and mesh inner lining.
George Condo is an accomplished American artist who has been instrumental in the nternational revival of painting. For the past three decades, Condo has continued to explore the realm of portraiture and psychological landscape in a distinctive style dubbed ‘Artificial Realism’. George Condo and Supreme get together to create a series of custom skatedecks featuring the artists signature style.
George Condo is an American contemporary visual artist born in Concord, New Hampshire in 1957. He currently lives and works in New York City.
Condo arrived in New York in the early 80s where he and contemporaries such as Schnabel, Basquiat and Haring were instrumental in an international revival of painting. For the past three decades, Condo has continued to explore the realm of portraiture and psychological landscape in a distinctive style dubbed ‘Artificial Realism’. Inspired by traditional techniques and popular iconography, Condo borrows inspiration from sources as disparate as Playboy, European history, Greek mythology and American caricature for his dark, painterly and humorous work.
Supreme will release a series of three limited edition skateboard decks designed by George Condo.
Available in-store and online May 6th. Available in Japan on May 8th.
click here for more information
Levi’s releases this special distressed and faded version of the 501 jean for its Asian market. This jean seems to go against the recent popularity of raw denim.The Asia-exclusive “Loved to Death” 501s are each individually numbered and available now at select Levi’s retailers across Asia.
DJ Philly Will gives us this new song titled “Sitting on the Clouds” by AddVance. The song is produced by Raak who also produced Gilbere Forte’s “Black Chukkas” (Featured on the Uristocrat Mixtape). Check out the song and tell us what you think.
Download: CLICK HERE
Today we preview a new track from another talented Philadelphia rapper/producer and skateboarder, Tayyib Ali. The 17 year old is a renaissance man who has already generated a lot of acclaim in Philadelphia and around the country. Check out the song and tell us what you think.
17 year old Philadelphia Music Artist and Skateboarder, Tayyib Ali is now on the verge of breaking into the worlds music scene as he debut’s his new EP coming out late May 2010. Here is a single/first leak off of the tap entitled “Cold World” Produced by B.Free. Follow him on http://www.twitter.com/tayyibali for info about concert dates and song releases.
Here we preview a new project from our friends over at Babylon Cartel. They are going to release a series of shirts to celebrate the World Cup in South Africa.
We have another big project in the works. This project is centered around the FIFA World Cup 2010 which is in South Africa. Celebrating our African roots , Babylon Cartel will release a series of shirts representing each African team in this years games. Tell us what you think.
LRG was on hand at the NFL Draft last week with a crop one new athletes looking to make their mark on the NFL. The video showcases some of the athletes at the LRG NFL Gifting Suite including Mardy Gilyard (drafted by the St. Louis Rams), Dexter McCluster (Drafted by the Chiefs), brothers Devin and James McCourty (Drafted by the Patriots and Titans respectively), Roberto Wallace (Drafted by the Dolphins) and Arrelious Benn (Drafted by the Buccanneers).
Calvin Klein releases a preview of the Fall 2010 collection which embraces a more easy going casual array of items. Director Kevin Carrigan took the line in a new direction with the introduction of new denim and suiting. Certainly something to look out for the fall.
Pilot Talk coming soon – WWW.CREATIVECONTROL.TV
Hey everyone, check out this new video from YahZarah titled “Dedicated to You.”
A huge thank you to Esthero, James Poyser, Lalah Hathaway, RJD2 and our many other friends for taking time out of their busy schedules to support YahZarah and her upcoming album! Video editing by Matt Koza
Here is Matthew D’Avella Footage of the Ubiq Phillies Home Opener video.. Check it out…