David Byrne & Fatboy Slim’s will be a new concept album titled “Here Lies Love” about Imelda Marcos. Here is a video for that album featuring Santigold. ‘Here Lies Love’ released April 6, 2010.
The Nike SB Stefan Janoski is one of the cleanest Nike SB sneakers. Here is a look at the blue and white colorway of the sneaker which will be released later this year. The sneaker features a vulcanized sole with attributes that make it very similar to a boat shoe. The sneaker also features black eyelets, white stitching and a blue midsole.
Air Jordan releases these images of the Air Jordan 2010 Team sneaker. This version of the sneaker differs a bit from the original Air Jordan 2010 with a new toebox shape and the absence of the TPU eye. This might be the first occurrence of a Air Jordan signature model being evolved for Team colorways.
New Balance continues their legacy of great sneakers with the release of these CM1500 sneakers. These sneakers will be available in new colors of gray, burgundy and black. The sneakers should be available later this year.
Two additional colorways of the Knoll Textiles x Vans Vault Mountain Edition sneakers are seen here. The sneakers feature Knoll waterproof uppers and are available in burgundy and black at Bows & Arrows.
Bows & Arrows
2513 Telegraph Avenue
Airwalk has thrown their hat into the desert boot arena with this latest release. Honestly, I don’t really know what to say about these. I normally like desert boots, but for some reason I’m not feeling these. Maybe its just me. If you see them in the stores check them out and let us know what you think.
1. Butler vs. Duke – Greatest. Shot. Ever. Duke took home their 4th championship under Coach K, with a thrilling 61-59 victory over Butler. Gordon Hayward had two shots to win it for Butler, including a last second half-court heave that rimmed out. While it’s almost cliché to refer to sporting events as one of the greatest ever, this game was one for the ages. And if everyone comes back (the two coaches, Singler, Nolan Smith, Gordon Hayward and Shelvin Mack) don’t be surprised if both teams make it back to the Final Four in 2011.
2. McNabb to Redskins – So the McNabb tenure has finally come to an end in Philly. 11 seasons, 5 NFC Championships, 1 Super Bowl loss and a love/hate relationship with Philly has finally come to an end. Half of the fans in Philly have been clamoring for the start of the Kolb or Vick era and it’s finally here. For the McNabb haters out there, don’t be mad if he torches you twice a year for the next 3-5 in DC.
3. ‘Wap’ – Speaking of basketball, did you see #44 take out CBS’ Clark Kellogg in a game of H-O-R-S-E P-O-T-U-S. I’m not sure if this was rigged or not, but President Obama confirmed that he’s the coolest president ever by dropping a ‘wap’ on Clark right before his game winning three swished nothing but net.
4. How to make it in America Finale – The first season of ‘How to Make it in America’ came to an abrupt end as many of us were still trying to figure out if we liked the show or not. The last episode had a few odd plot twists (set up by the 7th episode) that left me scratching my head. The biggest question, though, remains if there will be a 2nd season or not.
5. Kevin Hart at UPenn – Kevin Hart came through UPenn’s campus and was funny as hell. His appearance kicked off what should be a crazy spring. Check out our events page to make sure you don’t miss any of the events going on in the city this year.
6. MLB Opening Day – Major League Baseball kicked off today (technically it started last night with another Yanks/Sox game) with President Obama throwing out the first pitch in DC. This season looks like it will be pretty good. There are two rookies in particular – the Braves’ Jason Heyward and the Nationals’ Steven Strasburg – who are already getting their HOF plaques sculpted, and the Phillies are the favorites to reach the World Series for the third straight year. Hopefully they will, because now that Donovan’s gone and the Sixers and Flyers suck, this will be Philly’s only hope for a championship for a long, long time.
7. 9thmatic x MURS – “Asian Girls” – Another track leaked off the upcoming 9th Wonder and MURS album “Fornever.” This track, ‘Asian Girls,’ is actually about Asian girls. The biggest deal about this track is the fact that 9th actually holds his own behind the mic as ‘9thmatic.’ So far he’s ½ on the 16’s he’s dropped so far, but hopefully this decent verse won’t inspire him to do an awful producer rapper album (see: Swizz Beats).
8. Good Wood NYC – My head must have been under a rock when they burst on the scene but it’s better to be late than never. Good Wood is killing it right now with their wooden jewelry (good luck getting the wooden Jesus piece in any color right now). Check out their site and get a custom piece or two for the summer if you want to stand out in a good way. Act now before it becomes another played out trend.
9. Chill…. it’s just jokes – In case you were wondering whether or not Clint Coley was funny, don’t worry, he’s hilarious. Check out our video from his recent show ‘Chill … it’s just jokes’ and be on the lookout for this up and coming Philadelphia comedian.
10. iPad finally drops – Well the iPad has finally dropped. Personally, I’m still trying to figure out what’s the difference between that and my iPhone besides the ability to talk (advantage: iPhone). Did you wait in line to cop Saturday morning? Did you already order one? If you have one, or plan on getting one, or think it’s the stupidest thing ever let us know.
When will we see the Big Boi Brand Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty album? Anyway, here is another track from the album which I personally can’t wait for.
DOWNLOAD: Big Boi – Shutterbug | Mediafire
HUF releases the second drop of its Spring 2010 items which includes New Eras, snapbacks, 5-panels, trucker caps and tee shirts. All items are available at HUF’s flagship stores and select stockists online.
Burberry Black Label gives us a preview of their 2010 Fall/Winter Collection. This collection features a variety of items that will be perfect for any budding Uristocrat. The items in the collection include suits, outerwear and knits. My favorite item would have to be the toggle coat seen in the photos.
“Why you trying to player hate on me!” That was one of my favorite hip hop lines when I was in middle school. This is the latest video from Consequence and Asher Roth for Cons’ “Childish Games” single. This record made an appearance on Con’s Movies on Demand Mixtape.
Soulland’s previews their Fall 2010 lookbook which focuses on the wilderness and mens apparel. The collection is aimed to show that items for the fall should be warm as well as stylish.
Diesel releases their 2010 edition of their Black Gold Lopal Jacket. The jacket features textured leather, four pockets, an internal pocket and is made of 100% sheep skin. The jacket also features studs and a lined interior. Even Usher is seen rocking this special jacket in his “Little Freak” video. Check out the jacket right now on Diesel.com.
It shouldn’t take a genius to realize the inspiration for UNDRCRWN’s latest collection. This time around homage is paid to the champions from Los Angeles, the Angels and the Lakers’ Magic Johnson. All the items take on a look that is unmistakeably ‘Californian.’ Take a look at all the items which will be available this week online at the UNDRCRWN store.
After weeks of teasers, we finally have a detailed look at the Vans x Supreme Spring/Summer 2010 collaboration. The collaboration features a Vans Chukka as well as the Old Skool model. The Old Skool features suede/canvas uppers with snake skin details and leather insoles. The Chukka features suede uppers with snake skin trim and leather insoles.
The Vans x Supreme Old Skool and Chukka for Spring/Summer 2010 will be released in-store and online on April 8th and in Japan on April 10th.