LRG continues its growth and progression with a look at the first delivery of its Summer 2010 collection. The collection is divided between 10 design themes spread across 3 periodic releases. One of the design themes is the nautical theme Destination Nowhere which is inspired by yacht racing and rowing clubs along the New England shores. The Homegrown theme explores personal gardening and horticulture. There is then Artist Driven which features the work of graffiti artists Augor of Los Angeles area and Pose from the Windy City of Chicago. Finally there is the Uptown Top Rankin inspired by the Irie lifestyle of Jamaica. The LRG Summer 2010 Collection – First Delivery, in its 4 variants, are all now in LRG retailers worldwide. The collection video is seen above and features Big Sean, Jack Curtin, Adelmo Jr, Rodrigo Tx, and Corey Gunz.
So you might have seen the Google Super Bowl Ad with the search stories. We really liked that commercial and apparently most of the world did as well. Well, we here are Uristocrat wanted everyone to learn a little bit more about what Uristocrats care about so we commissioned our million dollar marketing department to come up with our own search story. Enjoy!
Donny Miller’s continues his work for Vans with is collection for Vans Classics. This pack features a slip on feauring a mix of bright colors and a Donny illustration on the toe box. The sole of the sneaker also features the words “I can’t take this anymore.” The pack also features a Sk8 sneaker with a design of black suede and canvas as well as praying hands on the back panel.
Umit Benan creates an exception collection for Fall 2010 entitled the “Retired Rockers” collection. The inspiration for the retired rockers are musicians who made timeless and history in the 1970’s and 80s. The inspiration for the collection are icons including Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen and super producer Ahmet Ertegun. Umit Benan does a great job of channeling these artists for this collection. I like a few a few items in the collection specifically the shirts and jackets. I would do away with the pants though.
Today, we take a look at a brand that I am not very familiar with but from the look of things and Items, should be very popular. SPELLBOUND is a 20 year old brand originally founded in the Kojima, Okayama Prefecture. The brand consistently releases items that feature an attention to detail and quality indicative of the high-quality denim and apparel-related items from the area. Here we see the brands 2010 Fall/Winter releases which feature a mix of chambray shirts, jeans, outerwear and pants. The items feature a look reminiscent of what the workers wore during the California gold rush.
Once again Nike SB releases another clean and smooth colorway for its Zoom Bruin sneaker. This colorway features an orange suede upper with black accents and a white vulcanized sole.
1. Master’s – The week started with all of the hype around Tiger Woods and his return from his infidelity-based hiatus. But almost on queue, America’s new favorite family man Phil Mickelson stole the show. Lefty had one of the best rounds ever at Augusta, but his victory was second to his wife’s victory over cancer last year. While Tiger’s wife didn’t show up to the Master’s, this year’s tournament was the first one Phil’s wife Amy attended since being diagnosed with cancer. After Phil won, he and his wife shared a sincere and tearful embrace, and at that point it was clear that good guys do win sometimes. (I’m still hoping for Tiger to embrace the dark side and do a heel turn. His effort to be more family friendly seems contrived, and quite frankly it’s boring).
2. Treme – Treme (pronounced Tre-may) is the latest show from genius (yeah I’m going there) David Simon. After watching the first episode, I’m sure I’ll be planted on my couch every Sunday from 10-11 for the next 8-10 weeks. Treme chronicles the return of one of the oldest black neighborhoods in the country after Katrina. Once again, Simon has given us a gritty, realistic and authentic look into a place forgotten by mainstream news outlets. Yes, this might start off a little show but give it some time. Five years later, it looks like we’re finally going to hear New Orleans’ side of the story.
3. Big Ben gets off – Christened ‘PacBen’ Roethlisberger by columnist Jason Whitlock, Big Ben has been exonerated in his latest sexual assault incident. This is a dude that’s been living pretty dangerous. Between his incidents with women, the motorcycle accidents, and the fact that he seems to gain like 75 pounds each off season, Ben is a dude that needs get focused in the offseason. and stop trying to force joints to smash him. Don’t be surprised if he gets suspended for a game or two.
4. Santonio Holmes trade x 4 game suspension – Speaking of Steelers and suspensions, the Jets stole pilfered strong-armed robbed acquired Santonio Holmes for the bargain price of a 5th round draft pick, the same day we learned he’s getting popped for four games for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. Likely knowing Holmes was going to be gone for four days, on top of his latest of a few run-ins with the law, it looks like the Steelers decided Holmes had to go. Hopefully Mike Tomlin can get these guys under control, because right now they’re starting to look like the new Bengals.
5. “No Crossover: The Trial of Allen Iverson” – Arguably one of the most anticipated “30 for 30’s” drops this week. Steve James, direct of classic documentary ‘Hoop Dreams,’ takes a look back at the controversial trail of Allen Iverson that still stirs up racial tension in Hampton Roads, VA today. This one is a must watch.
6. Dr. Dre Detox – It’s starting to look like Detox isn’t going to drop. For the past three to four days, we’ve been waiting for Dre to drop the single to Detox, and each day we come up short. What’s up Doc? Cold Feet? At this point, I’m not even sure I care. The idea of Detox seemed great seven or eight years ago, but at this point I’d be fine if he just went away.
7. Nuclear Weapons Summit – Obama begins an unprecedented 2-day summit today to discuss the further mitigation of nuclear arms on the global stage. Most attention will be towards President Obama’s meeting with Chinese President Hu Jintao whose potential support of international sanctions against Iran would be monumental. Unfortunately for the U.S., China is heavily invested in the economic performance of Iran and its growing energy sector. Expectations of Chinese compliance are moderate at best. This Summit, biggest U.S. hosted assembly of world leaders in over 60 years will be a huge test of Obama’s ability to rally global action on the nuclear agenda. Iran President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad disregards the summit proceedings as another arena for various nations to attempt to humiliate other human beings.
8. Uristocrat commercial – So Uristocrat has gone Hollywood. Yup, we’re a big deal. So big, in fact, that we have our own commercial. One of the cool google one’s too. Check out ‘What Uristocrat’s Like’ and let us know what you think.
9. Uristocrat events recap/update – We would like to thank everyone who came out this weekend for Le Nouveau Journee, which was a huge success. It was a phenomenal way to kick off the spring/summer of 2010 and has set the tone for our biggest year yet. Stay tuned to Uristocrat and our events section because we’re going to have a lot of fun this year. Don’t miss out.
10. Lupe’s 10 minute freestyle – Closing out the week is a freestyle from Lupe Fiasco. This wasn’t one of those freesytles that’s really a written over someone else’s beats. Nah, at the end of one of his latest New York shows, Lu went off the top of the dome for 10 minutes. An artist with a huge cult following, its stuff like that which causes the legend of Mr. Jaco to grow.
The New Balance 670 sneaker gets a new cool sand, charcoal and orange colorway. The sneaker will be perfect for the upcoming summer months.
The Play Cloths x G-Shock DW-6900 is now available for purchase. Wish now has the watch for $185 USD.
Nike SB will release this Dunk Lo nicknamed the premium yellow Curb during the 2010 holiday season. The sneaker features a primarily black upper with a embossed elephant print. The sneaker also features a mesh toe box, griptape on the mid panel and patent leather wraps. The sneaker also marks the return of the fat tongue.
I heard there’s money on the block and my nerves been shot/so I can’t stand still like Michael J Fox…” – Sugar Tongue Slim
Check out the UrbanDaily interview with Money making Jam Boy Sugar Tongue Slim
Here’s a snippet of “Jealous” by Young Jeezy. …As a avid supporter of all dope boy Young Jeezy releases… I can’t help but find myself impressed with the horns of the intro, but extremely disappointed in the tired hook and poor lyrical content of this snippet. Perhaps the full release and some E&J will produce more favorable sentiments…
Cash & Caviar chops it up with Stalley to learn more about his style as an emcee, his influences, and who he respects in the Hip Hop game right now.
Stalley will be featured on the Uristocrat Mixtape which will see a April 25 release. Look out for that.
http://stalley330.bandcamp.com/ | http://www.myspace.com/madstalley |http://cashandcaviar.com
Lupe performed in New York and promptly proceeded to freestyle for a whopping 10 min.
Drake releases a video for his “Over” Single… Thats about it…