1. Butler vs. Duke – Greatest. Shot. Ever. Duke took home their 4th championship under Coach K, with a thrilling 61-59 victory over Butler. Gordon Hayward had two shots to win it for Butler, including a last second half-court heave that rimmed out. While it’s almost cliché to refer to sporting events as one of the greatest ever, this game was one for the ages. And if everyone comes back (the two coaches, Singler, Nolan Smith, Gordon Hayward and Shelvin Mack) don’t be surprised if both teams make it back to the Final Four in 2011.
2. McNabb to Redskins – So the McNabb tenure has finally come to an end in Philly. 11 seasons, 5 NFC Championships, 1 Super Bowl loss and a love/hate relationship with Philly has finally come to an end. Half of the fans in Philly have been clamoring for the start of the Kolb or Vick era and it’s finally here. For the McNabb haters out there, don’t be mad if he torches you twice a year for the next 3-5 in DC.
3. ‘Wap’ – Speaking of basketball, did you see #44 take out CBS’ Clark Kellogg in a game of H-O-R-S-E P-O-T-U-S. I’m not sure if this was rigged or not, but President Obama confirmed that he’s the coolest president ever by dropping a ‘wap’ on Clark right before his game winning three swished nothing but net.
4. How to make it in America Finale – The first season of ‘How to Make it in America’ came to an abrupt end as many of us were still trying to figure out if we liked the show or not. The last episode had a few odd plot twists (set up by the 7th episode) that left me scratching my head. The biggest question, though, remains if there will be a 2nd season or not.
5. Kevin Hart at UPenn – Kevin Hart came through UPenn’s campus and was funny as hell. His appearance kicked off what should be a crazy spring. Check out our events page to make sure you don’t miss any of the events going on in the city this year.
6. MLB Opening Day – Major League Baseball kicked off today (technically it started last night with another Yanks/Sox game) with President Obama throwing out the first pitch in DC. This season looks like it will be pretty good. There are two rookies in particular – the Braves’ Jason Heyward and the Nationals’ Steven Strasburg – who are already getting their HOF plaques sculpted, and the Phillies are the favorites to reach the World Series for the third straight year. Hopefully they will, because now that Donovan’s gone and the Sixers and Flyers suck, this will be Philly’s only hope for a championship for a long, long time.
7. 9thmatic x MURS – “Asian Girls” – Another track leaked off the upcoming 9th Wonder and MURS album “Fornever.” This track, ‘Asian Girls,’ is actually about Asian girls. The biggest deal about this track is the fact that 9th actually holds his own behind the mic as ‘9thmatic.’ So far he’s ½ on the 16’s he’s dropped so far, but hopefully this decent verse won’t inspire him to do an awful producer rapper album (see: Swizz Beats).
8. Good Wood NYC – My head must have been under a rock when they burst on the scene but it’s better to be late than never. Good Wood is killing it right now with their wooden jewelry (good luck getting the wooden Jesus piece in any color right now). Check out their site and get a custom piece or two for the summer if you want to stand out in a good way. Act now before it becomes another played out trend.
9. Chill…. it’s just jokes – In case you were wondering whether or not Clint Coley was funny, don’t worry, he’s hilarious. Check out our video from his recent show ‘Chill … it’s just jokes’ and be on the lookout for this up and coming Philadelphia comedian.
10. iPad finally drops – Well the iPad has finally dropped. Personally, I’m still trying to figure out what’s the difference between that and my iPhone besides the ability to talk (advantage: iPhone). Did you wait in line to cop Saturday morning? Did you already order one? If you have one, or plan on getting one, or think it’s the stupidest thing ever let us know.