1. http://uristocrat.com/2009/05/nasa-feat-kanye-west-santogold-lykki-li-gifted-steve-aoki-remix/ – Wiz Khalifa dropped his latest mixtape “Kush and Orange Juice” last week and it had the Internets buzzing. Wiz and Curren$y are officially the new Red and Meth and with 420 on the horizon it couldn’t have dropped at a better time.
2. http://uristocrat.com/2011/04/nike-air-griffey-max-1-gs-blackwhitemetallic-silver/nike-air-griffey-max-1-gs-black-white-metallic-silver-03/ – Penn Relays is always one of the best weekends to be in Philadelphia and Uristocrat is getting it popping to the highest degree. Come kick it with us Friday at the order cialis online with amex. This event is co-hosted with Heineken, 215 magazine, Philly 360 and your favorite DJ RtodaIzza is on the 1s and 2s. Saturday is headlined by the annual Step Show at Irvine Auditorium which is always dope. Sunday is the Uristocrat Mixtape Party at Walnut Room. That said, this weekend is going to be nuts and you’re going to feel awful about yourself if you sleep on any of these events. As always, stay tuned to our events section to know what’s goings on in the city.
3. Murs x 9th Wonder ‘Fornever’ – Murs and 9th Wonder dropped another 10 track gem last week with Fornever. When they’re on, which they usually are, they arguably have the best MC/DJ chemistry in the game. If you haven’t listened to Murs before, definitely check this out and avoid ‘Sweet Lord’ at all costs.
4. Jon Gruden QB Camp – Somehow ESPN greenlighted a show where their resident lunatic former NFL coach Jon Gruden reviews film and works out with the top QBs in this upcoming draft. Needless to say, hilarity ensued. We posted a few of the links if you haven’t seen it yet, though I’m sure this will be in ESPN’s rotation leading up to the NFL Draft.
5. Ash over Europe – In the latest episode of “The World is in Fact Coming to an End in 2012,” a bizarre cloud of volcanic ash has essentially disabled air travel in Europe for most of last week. The ash clouds prevented President Obama from attending the funeral service for Poland’s deceased president, and have even prompted a response from the U.S. Navy, which apparently has cloud killing weapons. Be afraid, be very afraid.
6. New iphone photo’s leaked – Photo’s of the new 4G iPhone have leaked and probably have Apple heads foaming at the mouth. I’m definitely copping one when it drops this summer, but I doubt I’ll be waiting in line over night like those who went nuts over the iPad.
7. NBA Playoffs – The NBA Playoffs have kicked off this weekend, essentially ending the few of the relationships that lasted into the Spring. Be sure to check out our NBA Season Review and Playoffs Preview if you haven’t, and don’t feel too bad about ol’ girl that left you. There won’t be anybody around to bag her until after the Finals anyway.
8. Penn Paying for Sex Changes? – In one of the more bizarre stories to come out in a minute, apparently or allegedly, Penn is looking into the possibility of paying for students to get sex changes. I’m not passing judgment on anyone’s lifestyle but damn, I think there might be some better uses of tuition to benefit the campus as a whole.
9. NFL Draft – The NFL Draft is coming up, with Commissioner Goodell rolling the dice on splitting up TV coverage into three days. The first and second rounds will be held in primetime Thursday night, with the later rounds being broadcast on Friday and Saturday. I think it’s a genius idea personally, seeing as how most people probably only watch the first round or two anyway. Anybody who is actually going to watch this thing in its entirety and isn’t employed by a team, media outlet or scouting agency should get its head examined.
10. 420 – Need I say more?